General info and Mission of the hospital Sint Jozef hospital (public NHS hospital in Bornem, Belgium)
The Sint-Jozef Kliniek (this would be translated as Saint Joseph hospital) has two locations, one is situated in Bornem and the other is situated in Willebroek.. Both are in the northern part of Belgium, close to the well known Flemish town of Antwerp (20 km), but still only 30 kilometres (20 miles) from Brussels, the heart of European affairs.
The hospital has a 24-hour Accident and Emergency department, as well as a full range of acute medical and surgical facilities (including Intensive Care). Night shifts are covered by a team of doctors and paramedics, all professionally trained in acute emergency care treatment.
In contrast to a private clinic, the patient can stay overnight in (our) hospital as long as medically required.
The Sint Jozef Hospital is strictly regulated by the government. All hospitals in Belgium are public hospitals, but private patients are able to use their facilities.
There are approximately 130 specialists working in (our hospital), providing expert medical advice and surgical services :
- Plastic surgery
- Vascular , abdominal surgery
- Internal medicine
- Maxillofacial surgery
As the healthcare system in Belgium is closely monitored by the authorities and has to be abided by very rigorous laws, it also means that standards are of a high quality.
Before being able to practise, every doctor is screened by the hospital’s management and by the medical board. All doctors must be well insured against medical indemnity and registered with both the Belgian Medical Council (Ordre des Medecins, the Belgian equivalent of the GMC) and with their own professional body.
The main priority of (our) hospital is to provide patients with the highest possible degree of safety and security, whilst offering a quality service. The professional environment is guaranteed , thanks to our fully qualified, medics, paramedics and nurses.
Sterilisation procedures in Belgian hospitals are also very strict, and are consistently regulated by the national authorities.
The hospital can accommodate over 239 patients. The rooms are all equipped with a toilet, a bathroom, a television and most of the times also a telephone. The maximum number of people in a shared room is 2. Patients can choose between a single room or a double room. Visiting times are variable and in some cases flexible, but usually between 14.00h – 20.00h, depending on the department.
Our main concern is to provide the best possible care for our patients. Every day, doctors, nurses, and paramedics are dedicated to provide patients with the utmost care and comfort.
The Sint Jozef hospital aims to:
- Contemporary, high quality and appropriate care, tailored to the needs of the patient.
- Satisfied patients and care partners who have confidence in the institution and where employees
- A working environment where every employee feels valued, given opportunities for personal
growth and development, and has room to challenges and opportunities in team
- The promotion of our culture that is also characterized by openness, bilateral
communication, honesty, respect, personal approach, flexibility, accessibility.
- Satisfied, motivated, well-trained and adequate staff
- Employees who are loyal and with a warm heart committed to achieving the mission
the spirit of enterprise.
- An efficient, effective and professional organization focused both internally and externally.
- A future-oriented and flexible infrastructure adapted to the needs
- A maximal regional market share for primary health care and the development of cross-regional specialized programs
- A financially healthy organization