Sales of antibiotics still rising in Belgium
The number antibiotic medication sold in pharmacies increased in 2007-2009 from 9.25 to 10,04 million, despite the warnings of increasing antibiotic resistance. In hospitals, sales of 14.4-14.7 registered units. This is evident from the answer of the Minister of Social Affairs Laurette Onkelinx to a written question from Flor Van Noppen (N-VA). Expressed in DDD (amount of active ingredient that an adult receives daily, defined daily dose ) there was an increase of 98.05 to 112,01 million for pharmacies and from 7.41 to 7,55 million in hospitals.
The cost for the RIZIV increased in 2007-2009 from 147.2 to 159,7 million euros as sales in pharmacies is concerned. For use in hospitals, there was a slight decrease from 92.5 to 91,3 million euros.
- Publicity on Cosmetic Surgery in Belgium
- Would you go to Turkey for teeth work, or Belgium for a boob job?
- PIP Implants France - Revision surgery - Claim - Explode - Remove
- Help , I 'dont have the money for my treatment...
- E112 Scheme for Treatment Abroad : now possible for DIEP flaps, maxillofacial surgery and facial paralysis reconstruction
- Mammography screening was associated with a increase in rates for breast cancer surgery in women and also an increase in mastectomy rates.
- Irish HSE pays for 14 sex-change ops abroad under E112 scheme
- Dr Frans Noorman van der Dussen recently joined our team, offering FFS and maxillofacial surgery
- Now also offering DIEP flap reconstruction in our dedicated breast cancer unit for international patiens
- New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage